Reading Assignment – June 14 2013
Here’s your weekend reading assignment:
- The Deadload Isn’t Dead – Brian Brush, Fire Service Warrior
“I personally find beauty in the 2 ½” hose. The simplicity and efficiency of the line is second to none. A 2 ½” flat loaded, in a static bed is a work of art to a fire nerd like me. If you are the one other guy out there who agrees then this was easy. If you are the other 99.999% and you need a little more convincing before you flip your 2 ½” hose bed around, put a nozzle on it and toss a double female in your hydrant bag, here we go.”
- Conventional Methods for Defeating Window Bars – Brian Brush, Fire Service Warrior
Two assignments from Brian Brush this week. Be sure to open, read, save, and print the PDF at the end of the article, or you will miss out on a ton of additional information.
- Safety ADHPD (Attention Deficit Hyper Photography Disorder) – Ray McCormack, Urban Firefighter Magazine
“Fire scene photos go up by the hundreds daily on the Internet. Critiquing them for best in “Equipment Omission” does not solve safety issues. It makes you look petty.”
- Absorbent Filled Training Hose – Streetsmart Firefighter
A quick tip for the training toolbox that might work for you.
- Facebook Pharisees Throwing Stones – Bill Carey, Backstep Firefighter
“Give it rest, will you? We know, we know, but life isn’t perfect and this isn’t a fireground and it may come as a surprise to you but you and your fires aren’t perfect either.”